Election Day is Tuesday, November 6th
Polls are open from 7:00am to 8:00pm (Eastern Time Zone)
If you are in line after 8:00pm you CAN STILL VOTE. Do not get out of line.
where is the 38th District?
Lyon Township /
Northville North of 8 Mile
ADDITIONAL VOTER FAQ
“Do I need ID to register to vote?”
● ID REQUESTED. First-time registrants are requested to provide a Michigan Driver's License or Non-Driver State ID Number, or the last four digits of their social security number. If a voter has has never been issued any of these then they are requested to provide a COPY of a current and valid photo identification (such as a driver license or personal ID card) or a COPY of a paycheck stub, utility bill, bank statement, or a government document which lists your name and address. If a voter does not provide the request ID they may still register to vote but MUST vote in person on Election Day.
“Can I register to vote online?”
“Can I register to vote on Election Day?”
● NO. There is NO “Election Day” (aka “Same-Day”) Registration available.
“Can I download, print and mail, or hand deliver, a Voter Registration form?”
“How do I update my voter registration?”
● Submit a new form in-person or by mail (Link above)
● Online. (ID required)
“I have a felony conviction, can I register and vote?”
● YES. Voting rights are automatically restored upon release. Voters MUST re-register. Voters may register if they are on parole/probation or awaiting trial.
“I moved within Michigan, but didn’t update my voter registration.”
● NEW Address, but SAME polling place - Voter can vote a regular ballot after confirming their new address.
● NEW Address in SAME City or Township, but NEW polling place - Voters can vote at their OLD polling place after filling out a written transfer of registration request.
● New City, Township, County within 60 days of the Election - Voters can vote at their OLD polling place after confirming in writing that they have moved.
● Voters who have questions about where they should go should should contact their County Clerk’s Office - https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/clerksearch.aspx
“I’m a college student from out-of-state, can I register?”
● YES. You would use your MI residence address.
● For more info - http://campusvoteproject.org/Michigan
“I’m active military/overseas, can I register?”
● YES. https://fvap.gov/michigan
Have voter registration questions?
● Call your County Clerk - https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/clerksearch.aspx
“When are absentee ballots available?”
● Voters can apply any time 75 days before the Election.
“Who can vote an absentee ballot?”
● ONLY qualified voters may apply. Voters can check if they qualify by:
○ Contacting their County Clerk https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/clerksearch.aspx
○ Check the Michigan state website https://websitehttps://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716_8728-21037--,00.html
“Can I download, print and mail an Absentee Ballot application?”
Absentee Ballot Application Deadline
● By Mail: 2:00pm Saturday, November 3, 2018
● In-person: 4:00pm Monday, November 5, 2018 (MUST BE VOTED AT SAME TIME)
Emergency Absentee Ballot Applications
● Who | ONLY registered voters with a sudden illness, or family emergency occurring after the Absentee Ballot Deadline - http://michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716_8728-34991--,00.html
● Deadline | 4:00pm Tuesday, November 6, 2018
● How | Contact your County Clerk - https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/clerksearch.aspx
How to Vote an Absentee Ballot
● Mail it in with the envelope provided
● Hand-deliver it to your County Clerk’s Office
● Apply and vote at your County Clerk’s Office (in-person absentee voting)
Absentee Ballot Return Deadline
● Received by: 8:00pm Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at the County Clerk’s Office
● In-person absentee voting: 4:00pm Monday, November 5, 2018
“Can someone deliver my absentee ballot application/absentee ballot for me?”
● YES. A family member residing in the same residence as the voter, or someone the voter designates on the application form.
“I lost my ballot, can I get a replacement?”
● The most effective method is to contact your County Clerk by phone or in-person to request a new one. - https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/clerksearch.aspx
“Can I check the status of my absentee ballot?”
NO. There is no in-person early voting in Michigan.
● EXCEPTION: Absentee Voters. Please see “ABSENTEE VOTING” for more information.
Can I get a sample ballot?
ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, November 6, 2018
When can I vote?
● Polls are open from 7:00am to 8:00pm (Eastern Time Zone)
● If you are in line after 8:00pm you CAN STILL VOTE. Do not get out of line.
Where do I vote?
● Am I in State House District MI-38? - http://mcgi.state.mi.us/districtlocator
● Find your polling place - https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/votersearch.aspx
Is VOTER ID required to vote?
○ Voters are REQUIRED to show Photo ID from a list of approved IDs. For more info - https://michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716-178123--,00.html
○ Voters who are unable to show the REQUIRED ID may still vote after signing an affidavit that they do NOT possess the required ID
Provisional Ballots (if your name is NOT on the registration list)
● Voters who cannot satisfy the Residency or Identification requirement when their name is NOT on the registration list can vote a Provisional Ballot. http://michigan.gov/documents/Fed_ID_Req_Notice_New_95240_7.pdf
● For the ballot to count, voter must show in-person, or fax/mail a copy of the required ID to their County Clerk by Monday, November 12, 2018
● For more info - http://michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716_8728-27710--,00.html
● ELECTION PROTECTION HOTLINE
○ English | 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
○ Spanish | 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682)
○ Multiple Asian languages | 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683)
● DEPT. OF JUSTICE VOTING RIGHTS HOTLINE | 1-800-253-3931
Are there rides to the polls?
● Find out more information at https://carpoolvote.com/
● Lyft is offering free or discounted rides to the polls on election day.
Have voting or election day questions?
Call your election officials- https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/clerksearch.aspx